Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Penny, We’re Not In California Anymore



Penny and I are relatively new to Nevada. We figured we would
take some strolls around our neighborhood to check things
out, and familiarize ourselves with things.

The other night we were at the park after the day had finally
started to cool. Penny was walking on the grass as I was
beside her on the pavement. In a matter of moments,
the biggest mini tarantula jumped out of the grass
and onto the pavement near my feet.

I am not exaggerating when I blog to you that this spider
was hairy and as big as a small child. Ok maybe not
that big, but it was about the size of a teacup
chihuahua.

You would have thought we were being chased by a crazy
naked man, because we ran so fast outta there.
I didn’t have my camera handy at the time, plus
I wasn’t about to go back there and take a
photo, but the photo above is of a spider
I saw the other night outside our condo.

The other photo is of a scorpion we ran into a few
days ago. I can’t believe that people out here
actually sit and lay on the grass at night!
I should start warning people,
especially those with pets.

No comments: