Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Sexy Dental Recovery

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for the minty fresh breath wishes
you sent Daisy's way the other day! She did really well during
her appointment.

I didn't expect Daisy would need any major work, but I can't say
I was surprised when she was only halfway through her
appointment, and I got a phone call from her doctor.

She called asking for the approval to extract six of Daisy's
teeth. She also needed my approval to take an x-ray. Apparently,
there was a section between two of Daisy's teeth, that had
hair and grossness lodged in there.

I know, that's pretty gross. I hope you weren't eating when you
just read that. I was thinking the same thing myself. How in the
holy soy balls, did Daisy manage to get hair lodged in her
gums, and between her teeth? Perhaps, she had eaten a
small cat or squirrel in her past. To say the least,
she had some really funky things going on in
her mouth, and I am so glad she got it
all taken care of, and she is now
on the mend.

Daisy already wants to eat the soft food I bought
her, so I think she will make a sexy speedy recovery.

Have any of you pugs had teeth removed? If so, Daisy would like
to know, what kinds of soft foods are the bestess to eat when you
can't have regular crunchy kibble.

Daisy can't wait to hear your recommendations.
She will be doing a lot of this over the
next few days:



And this:


We hope you are having a great weekend!

11 comments:

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

so glad that everything went well. We have both had to have teeth out and mom & dad bought us Iams canned dog food and we both loved it.

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

The Slimmer Pugs, Kitties, and Mama said...

I have had teeth removed at my first ever dental cleaning. They said I had too much teeth for my little mouth. I think I ate regular food...but the Science Diet Chicken and Rice is good! :)
Your furiend,
Gracie Lynn Slimmer

Becky said...

Poor Daisy. I had 2 teeth pulled and that was bad enough for a human. Will she have to eat soft food forever now? My little dog Elvis , cairn/yorkie mix, had 4 pulled and he ate kibble soaked in hot water with some canned mixed in. I'm glad she has you taking such good care of her. Give her a hug and kiss from us. Wishing Daisy a speedy recovery!

Southern Fried Pugs said...

The pate kind of food will be the best for not getting caught in between any teeth, but that's usually the most processed and full of unpronounceable stuff.

Don't tell Daisy, but she doesn't have to eat soft food forever. Quincy only has 2 teeth and chows down on kibble and cookies regularly.

Southern Fried Pugs said...

The pate kind of food will be the best for not getting caught in between any teeth, but that's usually the most processed and full of unpronounceable stuff.

Don't tell Daisy, but she doesn't have to eat soft food forever. Quincy only has 2 teeth and chows down on kibble and cookies regularly.

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Haa haa! Dasiy we love the sexy fart bubble!! Tuni has had all but 5 teeth removed and she eats soft food. She loves the Cesar dog food the small single serve ones. Every flavor is great to Tuni and she enjoys Authority Lamb and Rice in the can from Petsmart. Hope Dasiy enjoys her soft foods!

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Oh poor Daisy!!! 6 teefers? Wow! Okay not much grosses me out but the hair thingy was a little icky... Probably because I am imagining a little growth full of hair and finger nail trimmings... *barf*

Lola goes in tomorrow for her blood work before she has her teeth cleaned... She's never had a tooth removed but we'll see... I have a feeling that she will...

Our older pugs had teeth removed before and I just boil chicken breasts, add kibble and water and blend it all up so it's mush... and then you know what you are feeding her instead of most of those yucky wet foods...

Feel better soon Daisy!!!!

~The Mama Monster

Puglette said...

i am glad you did well during your dental, miss daisy! i am sending you lots of hugs and kisses to help with a speedy recovery.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Ying and Yang said...

We're happy to hear you get to get spoiled after your dental ordeal...what a sexy smile you will have! Our bro, Rebel had some teeth out and had trouble chewing for a while so Mom puts water on his food, but then again his mouth is so big he could swallow a whole chicken BOL!
Grins and Kisses,
Ying and Yang

pee.ess. we've left an award for you on our blog if you haven't already gots it

Winston Wilbur said...

We are wishing you a sexy fast recovery! Oh dear.... hair in the gum, oh my I some how don't want to know how.... but glad it is fixed up!


BOL our word verification is.... "butworn"

now to use that in a sentence... .my "but worn" out, from too much tooting!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Sweet Daisy
How did I ever miss this post?
I just came over to see how you are and low and behold you had this post plus another.
I am so happy you are recovering and your mama is taking such good care of the little fart bubble ,
tee hee hee
i never had a tooth out yet,,, i bet my day is coming.... but i am hoping your getting lots of yummy softs foods
love to you
tweedles